Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Day


April 8th is a fabulous day for our family because it's the day that Beckett finally got to come home!!! I am still in awe of how Beckett was only in the hospital for only three weeks. At the time, it seemed like forever, but three weeks was nothing compared to how long we thought he was going to be in there. We are SO blessed, and I thank God every day that we have Beckett.
Here I am waiting for Matt to bring the car. I kept thinking that the nurse was going to say that they'd made a mistake and he'd have to stay longer. (Weird, I know.)


Yeah! The Rakes Family leaving Parkland!! Even though we LOVED the doctors and nurses and all of the excellent care, it was time! :)


Beckett slept most of the way. When we got home, we were so excited to show him his room and the house, but I think we stressed him out. He started breathing kind of weird, and it totally freaked me and Matt out. He was fine, but we decided that we overwhelmed and overstimulated the poor guy.

Sleeping his first night in our room.






2 comments:

dixie-cricket said...

I love the picture of him sleeping!

The Brown's said...

Courtney, we thank God all the time for that sweet baby boy of yours! He is such a lively and happy boy and every time I see him I'm reminded of God's sovereignty and power. He is so, so precious!